Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Muddy Water

I just finished the longest walk I have taken in about a month. My legs are shaking, and I really needed to sit down, but I feel better for the walk. Just need to build up my stamina again. The antibiotics are finished as of yesterday, so hopefully I can start feeling like my old self again soon.
A green haze is floating over the Ornamental Willow in the backyard. Daffodils have popped up all over the countryside. It has been a mild winter here, and spring has sprung a few weeks early. I let the goats out yesterday for a few hours to graze in the yard, and I just set them free again when I returned from my walk.
The dog walked with me this afternoon. She doesn't walk well with the boys, or even Hubby sometimes. She likes to follow me...at a great distance. Then when we get closer to home she passes me by and meets me on the porch. Today her feet were very muddy when I returned. I asked her about it, since I managed to get home without muddy feet. It seems she likes them that way.
Yesterday's bath didn't impress her I suppose, but then again, I tend to wander back into the mud myself when I have been gone from the tub a long time. Good habits take a long time to congeal.
So I keep praying, meditating, and reading Scripture, and God keeps dunking me in the tub of His Ways. Someday He is going to pour out that water and find it crystal clear, or at least only slightly muddy. At least I am realistic.

No comments: