Saturday, February 04, 2012

Trip

I took the Environmental Science kids and their families on a field trip to Raleigh this week. It was a three day, two night trip, and I AM EXHAUSTED! We played a lot of games to teach concepts, hiked lots of trails, and worked, worked, worked. Of course there was some free time, but mostly we were busy.
We got back late yesterday afternoon and had to prepare for a funeral. Two hours after getting home I was at the funeral home with my boys in tow. Today was a Ladies' Breakfast, the funeral, and tonight a concert for the boys. Hubby and I made a date to eat out, and now I am catching up on emails and stuff.
I knew a month ago that this two week section was going to be full, but some things were unaccounted for- like a funeral and a concert- so it is even more hectic than planned. Knowing that this time is just temporary helps a lot.
Of course the funeral has me thinking about that sort of thing. How nice it will be when I no longer have to run a harried race in order to get through the day's/week's/month's activities. How wonderful to think that "This World is Not My Home."

No comments: