Saturday, December 15, 2012

Calvin and Hobbes

I finished writing my Christmas play early enough to get the kids to practice for a month of Sundays. There were a lot of lines to remember, so I let them keep their scripts with them. I was very proud of all of them. Sweet "Calvin" had to learn a lot of new words for the play, but he held his own and did a fine job.
Here is the family at dinner eating "green stuff. Eewww." You know Calvin.
 The idea was that Calvin imagines the Bible as a bunch of superheroes. Below, the lion is turned to stone by Samson and then Deadly Delilah cuts off his hair for turning her lion to stone. I made the mane for the lion. I'm not bragging or anything, but she sure made a cute lion. Maybe it was just the kid!

 Above, Astounding Joshua knocks down a domino city with "her" laser eyesight. Joshua wore a pink fairy cape, just because she wanted to! We worked on knocking down those dominoes for a long time. Every time she got close to the table the dominoes would fall before she could do her thing! It finally worked in time for the play.
Below is "Deadly Delilah" with her huge pair of scissors.
 And here is the cast of ten brilliant actors! They are a great group of kids, and our church is blessed to have them. I hope all of you have a group of kids that fill your heart.

No comments: