Friday, June 03, 2011

Relaxing

The in-laws came down last Friday and spent the night. Then they took the boys down to Myrtle Beach with them to stay at a time share. Hubby and I went down after church on Sunday. It was a nice resort, nicer than a lot of others, and we had a relaxing time. There was a lazy river, a large pool, and a balcony overlooking a reservoir. I read two books!!!
We planned on leaving Wednesday morning, and the in-laws would finish out the week and then head to a cousin's wedding in GA. However, F-I-L's baby brother passed away suddenly on Tuesday night, so we all left on Wednesday. We came on home and they went back to WV for the funeral. His brother was very overweight and smoked, so although it was very sudden it shouldn't have been a huge surprise.
Today #2 and I went to the beach. We thought we were meeting friends there, but I didn't check my email before I left and the friends couldn't make it. Sick kid. #2 and I had a lovely time relaxing together though and I am glad I went. I had been questioning whetheer I should go, but we worked hard on Thursday knowing we were going, so I guess it was ok. #1 didn't care to go; he said he slept a lot of the day. I think we all just needed some down time.
Tonight we went to a going away party for the couple hubby married last week. They are headed to Pennsylvania. I have fond memories of our time in PA. My babies were born there, how could they not be fond memories? I wish the couple a happy beginning.

No comments: