Saturday, June 04, 2011

Teenager

It happened for certain last week. I thought I had a teenager for a couple of years now, but it became a certainty last week; Thursday to be exact. Thursday I asked the boys to help outside by digging up the grass that has overgrown the brick walkway in the back. #1 took out a water bottle filled with lemonade. I was walking inside when I noticed the bottle sitting in the sun on the porch.
"I moved your lemonade into the shade," I told him.
"It was in the shade," he replied.
"No, the sun had moved the shadow and it was in the sun."
"That can't be. I set it in the shade."
"Yes, but the sun has moved."
He then went on to tell me how that couldn't be right. I do believe he said something like, If I were God I wouldn't have done it that way. Yes, he is a teeneager...smarter than God, now!
Then he was asked to mow the yard. He was thinking about a girl before he started mowing; I know because he was asking me about her. Hubby came outside where I was hanging laundry and asked, "Is the blade turning on the mower?"
I listened and it didn't sound right. We stopped #1 on his pass by us and asked if he had the blade engaged. No.
So that is it. He is smarter than God, and he can't keep his mind on anything but girls. Oh boy!

No comments: