Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend

I attended a home schooling conference this past weekend. It was about how to school through high school, and I found it to be quite helpful. I had questions answered about credits and transcripts, as well as testing and college stuff. More importantly I was reminded about how much I love God and need to hear His word.
The speaker was from the national organization Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA). She filled her talk with  the Word, and it felt good to hear it. One of the first things she covered was that you can't school through high school if you don't have time for God, your spouse, and your children. So you have to simplify and choose what you will participate in. You have to choose what you will battle, what you will push, and what you will focus on.
She talked about "white space" and having time on your calendar to stay home and just be. It is very true. I have most Wednesdays, and Thursdays and Fridays open on the calendar. It is a great time to finish school work, straighten the house, and get ready for the next week's co-op.
But this week we have a 4H trip planned for Thursday and Friday. It will be fun to be away with friends and relax at Great Wolf Lodge, but it is stressing me out a bit to think that two days are lost from my down time. I need that time to slow down, get work done, and enjoy peace and quiet.
I need solace to listen to my God. I need my God.

No comments: