Monday, January 30, 2006

I have been very busy the last few days. I have tried to keep a sense of peace and slowness about me, to be present in the moment and not feel hurried. For the most part I was successful, but Saturday evening it came rushing in on me. I am still practicing "the quietness of mind". Last week I was finishing reading Hebrews and have been thinking about this ever since. Faith is a big thing. I wrote down several things that it entails or implies. Faith is displayed in creation and sacrifice. Faith pleases God. Faith makes you do crazy things. Faith looks forward and trusts even when it looks hopeless. Faith is other-worldly. Faith is a free choice. Faith rules out any contradictions and trusts God. Faith leads to worship. Faith conquers fear. Faith believes miracles. Faith perseveres. (Hebrews 11) Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the throne of the right hand of God. Hebrews 12:2 Jesus had the ultimate faith: He did something really crazy and other-worldly as his own free choice. He was looking forward, trusting God. Even when it was hopeless, he looked to God with trust and overcame fear. He believed there would be a miracle, persevered, and was received in worship. Oh, for a faith that will not shrink!

1 comment:

Chris Beason said...

Remember that he is preparing us everyday for tomorrow. He may know that your faith is getting ready to be tested, but you'll be able to overcome by quieting your mind.

In His Love,
Annette