Wednesday, February 01, 2006

How long have you been in my life? For Forever and a Day. I have no memories of being without you. You were there when I ate lunch in Kindergarten and when I was punished in First Grade for spitting on Christy. You were with me as I tramped through the pasture with my imaginary friend, Beth. You were with me in puberty when I cried because I didn't want to grow up. And again when I cried my wedding night, You were there. You have been with me in dangerous places, when a car ran out of gas. You have been with me in friendly faces, always providing someone for me to talk and laugh with. You have been with me in the promise of my children, and you are with me still as I beg your help with them. You open my mouth with words I never had; you brighten my eyes to see what I didn't see before. I have never been without you Lord, although you have often been without me. You are like a foggy mist, creeping into every nook and cranny of my life, until I am thoroughly soaked in your Presence. I hope to drown in You.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I hope you don't mind if I blog this post- I thought it was awesome.