Saturday, February 04, 2006

Last month one of the prayers I prayed daily was for God to let me enter his heart and see what breaks it. Then to let it break my own heart. I don't think I like having God's heart. It is so tiring to have your heart broken so much. I have been very fatigued lately and I am wondering if that isn't part of the problem. I am not saying that I don't have joy in my day. I surely have felt the Presence of God and His Joy, Love, Faithfulness, and Goodness. He has daily granted me those blessings. What has been hurting me is the lack of Love and Harmony among Christians. Certainly we all believe different things about Christianity, even within one denomination you find several differing views. But within the Kingdom there seems to be so much division. We used to live in Texas. Cooking chili is an art form there. There is the very popular meat only chili, chili with beans, hot and spicy, and on and on. But when it is all said and done, you eat chili. It seems that the Kingdom is that way. You can read the "cookbook" and come out with many recipes for your Christianity, but when it is all said and done, we eat Christ. Who am I to judge if you have the right amount of spices and beans in your chili? And who am I to judge if you have followed the Bible's directions for Christianity? The following are excerpts from Romans chapters 14-15. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? Therefore, let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling blocks or obstacle in your brother's way. So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus. So that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. To be honest, there are things in the Bible that seem to be against each other. There are good points for many of the differences denominations contain. Discussing those differences in a manner of love is very acceptable. Just as a discussion of whether chili ought to have beans in it is an acceptable argument. But there is still only Christ to eat each day. I am afraid God has heartburn from all of the arguments of how to make Christianity. May we all feast at the table in the Kingdom and enjoy the fellowship of all the Family of Believers. I think God would like those "Tums".

1 comment:

Chris Beason said...

Do you ever feel like God's saying, "Yes! They're finally getting it!" I wonder if He has a victory dance ;)