Thursday, February 23, 2006

Remember the miracle of our heating oil last month? Without buying oil, we had more oil in the tank than we have ever had before. There was no explanation except a miracle from God. Well the miracle continues. I was telling a friend last week of our miracle. She then told me about her situation. She and her family have been without heat for a week because they can't afford any more oil. She was going to stay with family for a couple days while the bad weather came through, but then she would have to come back. She was thankful for a mild winter and praying that warmer weather will be on the way VERY soon. I came home thinking about how God had blessed us with free oil and why didn't He bless them? Then it hit me! He blessed us so he could bless them through us. Oil has been delivered and they are doing well. Praise be to God! And praise be to the Spirit who prompted that conversation.

1 comment:

Chris Beason said...

God is wonderful! I did the same thing with a couple that moved in next door to us...not with oil, but with food. I found out they were going through a hard time. I told them not to worry about how they were going to eat because I was going to feed them. We were going through a hard time as well, but we always had leftovers that would be enough for the two of them. Every night I cooked and took out their portion first and carried it over to them. Then my family ate. We had the same exact amount of leftovers that we had given to them everytime.