Saturday, March 11, 2006

About 8 years ago, when we lived in the Philadelphia area, my husband worked nights. We had a baby, about 10 or so months old, and he would cry so fretfully at night. Being new parents we didn't know what to do, and had been told to let him cry so he "can learn to sleep through the night." Then when the in-laws came to visit, they said that something was frightening the baby while he was asleep. Soon after that, at the advice of an older man, we began praying that the evil that was frightening our baby would stop. Sleep began to be peaceful soon after. Not long after that, when my husband would be at work, I started having a feeling of something evil being in the apartment. I didn't think it was my imagination. There would be a difference in the air and sometimes I would get a glimpse of something like a red light flashing past in the other room. I started telling the "presence" that it couldn't come in here because we belong to Jesus Christ. It stopped coming. I haven't thought about that in a long time, but 2 weeks ago it came rushing back in on me. I was atttending a seminar on prayer that my husband was teaching. During one of the practice sessions Jesus came and sat across from me. He told me that he heard me in Philadelphia when the evil was around me. Then he came around to my left side and put his arms around me and let me rest my head on his chest. What a feeling of pleasure and peace. I don't know why Jesus wanted to tell me that now. I am hoping that it doesn't mean it is about to happen again, but whatever it means, I am happy to know that Jesus hears me and is concerned.

No comments: