Thursday, March 09, 2006

When we left the last home I planted a bunch of things to try to help the selling of the house. It looked so nice and I vowed to not wait the next time. So yesterday I bought some trees. The purpose was three-fold. I want some trees to help hide the housing development that is going in across the field from us. I also think it will help the field look nicer and provide some shade for the animals. I have also wanted some fruit trees for a long time so we can harvest the fruit. I got 4 apple, 2 pear, 1 plum, and 1 peach. I also got some grape and blackberry vines and some blueberry bushes. People might say we are a little "fruity" now. I am looking forward to the fresh fruit in a couple of years. When I told my husband what I spent I asked if it was worth it. "Are you worth it? Yes. Are the trees worth it? No." I told him to imagine the trees are me, because they will make me very happy. I will plant the trees this week, starting this afternoon. The weather is gorgeous here. A lot of trees are in full bloom and many others are popping out. Now that we are over the flu, I should be able to get back to the garden again as well. I love working outside! The kids are enjoying it too. They have been outside since they got up this morning and are still playing quite hard. I told them we will have book lessons after supper tonight. Enjoy the weather while you can. Another advantage to home schooling. Thank you God, for spring, new trees, land to play on, and kids to enjoy it. You have blessed us abundantly. May I never quit praising you or take this for granted.

No comments: