Sunday, March 19, 2006

What a fabulous weekend. My husband didn't have to teach at the college this weekend, so we got to have a little "spring break" as a family. We just did things around the house on Friday evening. Saturday we took the boys to a local christian book store to see the premiere of the new Veggie Tales DVD. We left there to pick up a little KFC and go to a church picnic at the town commons. The kids flew kites and played games. We visited and ate and helped with the kites. Then after church today, we flew kites some more. I borrowed a billy goat from the neighbors, in hopes that we will get some kids. Then the boys and I picked up branches out of the yard and made a camp fire to roast marshmallows. I worked in the garden and have about 2/3 of it cleared of weeds and grass from last year. I watered my new fruit orchard and watched over my flock of chickens. We saw some deer at the edge of the wood and yesterday I bird watched with my younger son. I'm sure the farmer driving by on his tractor thought I had flipped my lid. I was sitting on the roof of the fort and Amos had gone in to get something for his back pack. So it looked like I was out there by myself. I am so very abundantly blessed. Thank you God for this weekend. You are so very generous.

No comments: