Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Found It!

The Bible tells us parables that Jesus used to express the excitement of finding the Kingdom of Heaven. There are parties and exclamations, probably even a bit of whooping and dancing. I don't think Jesus would have used my experience of finding something this morning to describe finding Heaven.
All last week I kept smelling something. Just a whiff here and there, especially if the dishwasher was running, but nothing I could pin point. Since it is getting cooler here, I imagined it was a dead mouse. I figured it crawled in near the dishwasher to get warm, and Plltt! It died.
It seems I was close. I was putting away dishes this morning and pulled open a drawer that doesn't get used often. Right on top of the ice cream scooper was a dead mouse. A big, dead mouse. A very well-fed, big, dead mouse. And he was a stinky mouse! I had to disinfect everything and put the drawer outside as well.
I'm glad Jesus didn't choose mice surprises to express the excitement of reaching Heaven. Yes, my heart raced, my voice rose in a shout, I even did a little dance. But Heaven just CAN"T smell like that!
--------------------
Sorry for the lull in posts last week. I was running all over the place trying to take care of things. We had two out of town field trips that I will talk about later, a 4-H meeting and a Political Candidate Forum to attend, AND the van battery died. Thank goodness it wasn't on the day of the trips, but nonetheless, it was a difficulty to deal with.
For all of you Honda owners, a bit of advice. There is a code to get into the radio and other sound systems. If the sound system is ever disconnected from the electrical supply- like when you put in a new battery- the whole system shuts down and without the code you can't use it. Find the code BEFORE this occurs. It will make it nicer for you on a long trip with 5 middle school boys.
I found the code after the trips. I did do a happy dance over that found object.

No comments: