Friday, November 11, 2011

Good Boys

I have been reminded lately of what good boys I have. I am not sure how I am so blessed, other than that the Lord has shone His mercy on me.
In the last couple of weeks I have been complimented on #2. It seems that some kids like him because he is always nice. "Some kids are nice part of the time, but #2 is ALWAYS nice," some have told me. Another parent said that #2 stood up for her daughter when even her brother wouldn't stand up for her.
I commented to #2 how proud I am that he is always nice and willing to stand up to friends to defend someone. His response? "I was just being me." Yes, he was.
-------
#1 informed me that he will probably not be ready to leave home at 17 after he graduates. (Whew!) He thinks he will go to the local community college for a few classes and get a job somewhere. Then he can think about what he wants to do in "real college" and get some experience for his resume. With some experience he will be able to get a better job to help pay for college. Sounds very responsible to me.
------
Thank you God for such sweet boys. Please help us to parent them in the way that each one needs.

No comments: