Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Growing Up

 What is this sweet little boy doing? Taking some of his first steps to manhood! Last week he asked if he could please shave the dark hairs off his lip; he found them embarrassing. I cried. Yes, I cried. I didn't cry when the first one shaved, but this is my baby. There aren't any left after him.
But the Easter Bunny remembers being embarrassed in the Middle School locker room, so s/he put razors and gel in the basket on Sunday. He shaved this morning while I was out of the house. His father was wise enough to know that I would need pictures.



He looks so much like his father when we met. Just a few more inches taller and darker hair, and his father would be standing before my eyes. I don't want him to stay little forever, but I am not quite ready for what is about to happen.

No comments: