Sunday, April 14, 2013

National Hope Sunday

Standing in a green pasture with a fence post behind me is a childhood memory I cherish. I was blessed to live an idyllic childhood. My parents worked hard and were able to supply all of my needs. I was surrounded by family, literally, and was never afraid for my safety.
This is our daughter, O. I call her D1 on the blog. D1 has been a part of our family since November 30, 2012. We aren't blessed enough to have her live with us, but we get letters from her and know that she is safe.
D1 has a family who loves and surrounds her. They do their best to take care of her, but sometimes there isn't enough money to go around. Clothes may need to last an extra season more than they should have to. School is not an option. Food is scarce.
So, taking the Christian directive to heart, we support D1 as if she were our own. We love her as we want to be loved. We send money every month through World Vision. We pray daily for her to grow strong and healthy and to know the Lord. We send presents every couple of months trying to imagine what fun things our daughter would enjoy getting.
Today is National Hope Sunday - a special day designed to connect more people with children who are suffering and still waiting for a sponsor. It only costs $35 a month to sponsor a child, and it makes a huge difference to the children. Show a child the love of Jesus.

www.worldvision.org

No comments: