Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Purpose and The Big Reveal

I evidently don't think like everyone else. Not that I am the only person who thinks my way, but my husband assures me I am a bit different. So while I imagine that the little blurbs I write on this blog are common, everyday thoughts, perhaps they are not.
I have gone back to review some of my first posts, and I realize that the reason for my writing has morphed just a bit. I believe my purpose is to point toward God. God has created quite a world for us to work in, rush in, and consume ourselves in. But that wasn't the reason that He created; He created so that we could see Him.
And therein lies my purpose. I do see God, every single day. I encounter Him in nature, in His word, in people, and in myself. But, I have friends who don't get these daily glimpses of God. So God has directed me to show Him to the world.
I told you a week ago that this terrifies me. I do not want to screw it up and make God look bad. Then I came across Psalm 69 in which David says:

Lord, the Lord Almighty,
may those who hope in you
not be disgraced because of me.

And now I ask the same.

My name is Traci Stead. I have blogged anonymously for close to nine years. I have to the best of my ability protected myself and my family from those who would harm us. I now place our care in the arms of God. I am ready to fully enter His service.

Look soon for this blog to change to a website under my name.
Look for a book, out at Christmas or in the Spring called Devotions Of a Gerbil, authored by my name.
Look for my name and opportunities to interact with me on FaceBook and Twitter.
But as you look for my name, remember that my full name is Traci Stead Pointing To God and look up to the Father of us all.

No comments: