Monday, June 03, 2013

Home Again, Home Again

Jiggety Jig and here I am again: trying to get everything done. It hardly seems possible that less than a week ago I was on retreat enjoying a quiet holiday all alone. I am surrounded by lists of things to accomplish and only one way to get it all done: ignore everything else!
Soon there will be some changes here on the old blog. For instance, you are soon going to discover my real name! I have struggled greatly with that. I began using a pseudonym in order to protect my privacy and that of my family, but to go to the next step of my writing career- which feels like step 1- I have to tell you who I am.
The issue now is not so much about privacy as it is a great responsibility to let you know who this sinner is. I don't want to screw up and have you think less of God because of my deficiencies. I was thinking about that this morning as I read Psalm 69. Then I came across this verse:

Lord, the Lord Almighty,
may those who hope in you
not be disgraced because of me.

I guess David had the same concerns. Putting that in perspective, I am not king, ruler of God's nation, or even in the running for such a position. If David, with all that was riding on his shoulders, still felt that he had to put himself out there for God, then I can do no less.
But for a few more days I will enjoy anonymity. Angel

No comments: