Monday, June 10, 2013

Smack In The Face!

This year I am using Jesus Calling by Sarah Young as part of my morning worship routine. I can not tell you how very often what is written on the page is in direct relation to what I am going through or praying. For instance, on Saturday, June 8, I was going through my prayers and apologizing to God for being so concerned about everyone else in the family. The boys were taking the ACT test, Hubby was stressed with all that needed doing, family members were sick, and on it went. "It's just as Paul said," I told Him, "when you have a family you have other concerns and not just God's. So you'll have to forgive me for not being able to give you all of my attention."

Then I read, "I want you to be all MINE, filled with the Light of my Presence. I gave everything for you by living as a man, then dying for your sins and living again. Hold back nothing from me."

Yeah, I felt the shovel hit me square in the face. How dare I try to make excuses to God for not making Him the first priority ALWAYS. He knows I have other commitments. He can deal with that. My ultimate goal must be to always and forever stand in His Presence.

I am Thine, O Lord.

No comments: