Wednesday, November 09, 2005

One day as I was taking my small charges back to their house, I took a different route. The 3 year old was worried. This was not the way to his house! I assured him it would go to his house, but he was still worried. So I asked if he knew where he lives. "Do you live in Greenville?" "I don't think so." "Can you tell me how to get to your house?" He sweetly and confidently answered, "Do you know where the airport is?" "Yes." "Well, it's FAR away from there." I had to laugh at his innocence. He directed me from what was important to him- the airport. Last night I got another dose of what my children's reality is. My 6 year old was explaining how he had designed and made a glider. As he was explaining a particular fold he said, "You use the finger that you pick your nose with." Then quickly added, "If you were to pick your nose." I guess I know what is important to him.

No comments: