Sunday, November 06, 2005

Yesterday after dinner I was getting my sons to help clean up. The older was washing dishes and the younger's job was to put the leftovers in a container. The 6 year-old was not quite getting all the food out of the serving dishes, but asked how he was doing. I said, "Pretty good, but you aren't getting all of the food out of the bowl." "Well, I nearly got it all." he replied. Now is when the Mother of All Knowledge and Wisdom stepped in to teach her young offspring a lesson in Life. "Yes, but 'nearly' isn't good enough. When you are sick do you want to get nearly better or all the way better?" "Nearly better." he wisely answered. "See," I continued, "nearly isn't good enough. You have to do things all the way." Then the Young one of All Knowledge and Wisdom responded, "Sometimes nearly is good enough. Do want to nearly get killed or get killed all the way?" I had to laugh at this very appropriate argument from the child who keeps guardian angels on over-time pay. The lesson can be taught another time.

1 comment:

Chris Beason said...

I live in Malvern. It's about 20 minutes from Hot Springs and 30 minutes from DeGray Lake in Arkadelphia. The lakes here are gorgeous!!! I use to work in North Little Rock, I wouldn't recommend living there...LOL. I've been wanting to visit North Carolina, I've heard it's an awesome place. I have a friend in Alabama who has grandkids that live there and she gets to go all the time! I've flown over West Virginia, but that's as close as I've been to there.

I put a link to your blog on my blog. I know that a couple of people that read mine read yours also. Your blog today made me laugh because I'm dealing with my kids right now too. God is dealing with my kids, I'm just helping...lol. Picking your battles is a lesson I'm learning too and it's amazing how much they actually learn when we don't think we've completely taught them what we were trying to get across. Have a wonderful blessed day!