Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I forgot this treasure from my 7 year old. Coming home from Easter lunch he asked, "What is a new gli gee?" A eulogy? I tried to decipher. "New gli gee" Neurology? Use it in a sentence. "You look ravishing in that skimpy negligee." Immediately shock and hilarity ran through my mind. "Where did you hear that?" "It was in Calvin and Hobbes." My husband collects those. I told him this was all his fault, but he reminded me that I bought some of them for him. That was before I was the mother of two sons!! I will have to find a way to hide those books; they're learning too much!

7 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Angel,
My name is Carol and I am the conductor of the Friends of the Friendless Marching Band.
I choose a friendless site to feature every Friendly Friday.
You have been nominated for the featured site this week.
Being nominated as a friendless site only means that someone thinks your blog
doesn’t get enough comments and wants you singled out to get more attention.
I hope you will come play along.

It is good that is only Calvin and Hobbes that they are finding. Keep up the training, Angel.

won tong said...

HI I'M HERE MARCHING WITH THE FFMB...NICE BLOG..HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND AND FEEL FREE TO VISIT OUR QUAINT LITTLE ISLAND..

Carol said...

Angel,
I was wondering if you would like to join our band. We meet on Fridays. Come and see my blog for more info.

nancy said...

Stopping by with the band...your 7 year old's comments made me laugh!!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

hey from the band!

Chrixean said...

I love Calvin and Hobbes! I think they're hilarious!! :-) I'm with the FFMB stopping by to say Happy Weekend!!

Sarah Beth said...

Toooooo funny. I'm laughing out at my computer right now. Marching in with the FFMB -- have a nice day.:)