Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My spiritual discipline this week has been to start each day with 10 minutes of good thoughts- taken from Philippians 4:8. It seemed like wasting time at first, but it does put your mind on the right track for the day. Sometimes it starts slowly, how many times can you think the same good thought?, but then I start to think of new things and the wonder and wonderfulness of my Lord make the 10 minutes suddenly fly. The other activity for the week has actually been on my "to do" list for 3 weeks now. If I hadn't done it by tomorrow night's group meeting I think they would have strung me up by my toenails! I was to bless each room in my home. That doesn't sound too hard, walk through your house and pray, but it is hard to find time alone when I am still energetic enough to talk to God about things. So on this, my night off, I had my husband and sons leave so I could have some quiet time alone at home. I did bless the house and all of those who live in it or pass through its doors. What an amazing way to see the Lord's Hand of Blessing in my life. The friends, the memories, the quiet times with my lover, the cozy times with my children, the abundance of food and clothing, the blessing of land and animals...taste and see that the Lord is good. Try it yourself this week and see what a generous Lord we serve. ------------- Also as I walked about asking God to bless everything, I passed the bluebird box. I peeked in to see the same eggs, but also to hear a slight rustling and moving. I imagine they will be hatched tomorrow! May God bless that little family as abundantly as He has mine.

No comments: