Friday, April 14, 2006

Tomorrow is the "official" tax date, although we get a break this year and next since the 15th falls on a weekend. Monday will likely find long lines at the P.O. and this holiday weekend may not be so restful to those procrastinators! I wanted to share another of God's little miracles in my life. Every time we move, the first year is difficult financially because of new surroundings and costs, unexpected happenings, and because we are unsure of local tax policies. This move was no exception. We have paid our quarterly taxes, giving to Caesar what is Caesar's, but it has drained us and we have tightened the belt a few notches at times. The last several months have found me praying, "God, we just need 6 or 7,000 more to make it." I had no idea how to get it. I knew God had always provided every need and many desires so I put my trust in him and went on. Well, guess what! Our refund this year is $7,000! We were drastically overpaying and the money was there all the time, but the fabulous thing is that God provided what I needed before I ever asked or even knew that I needed it. He so very specifically answered my request that it could only be his reassuring voice, "Your Father knows that you need these things. Only seek His Kingdom and all these shall be taken care of." (My interpretation/translation.) Praise to our Generous and Abundant Lord!

No comments: