Saturday, August 14, 2010

Food

J-1 cooked dinner for us one night. He made many types of food. We had pork and cabbage pancakes, two types of noodles with cold soy sauce for dipping, and sushi rice. I loved the sushi rice. I will be looking for that in our local stores. My boys didn't care for the food, but I ate the noodles several times. J-1 especially likes the sushi rice so I saved that for him. He must be missing his country's food. I know I would be.
We also picked apples and pears while he has been here. I plan to can the pears this afternoon. I am moving a bit slowly, but it will get done. We have worn ourselves out with all of our travel and work. I stayed up past midnight not long ago in order to try and finish some of the history plans I need for #1. My noncollege-aged body is starting to quit.
J-1 received a package in the mail today from his mom. What a nice mom she is too. She sent summer school work for him. He will be doing that next week while my boys begin their geography presentations. School is the lot of children all over the world no matter what time of year it is.

No comments: