Tuesday, August 24, 2010

School Day 2-- Is That All?

Well we are into the second day of school and already it looks like all of the other years. I try so hard, but it is impossible to have a "normal" day. Yesterday went fairly well, but #1 and I had an SGA meeting at 3:00. After that we went to Red Lobster for dinner to celebrate Brother's Day. We rented Percy Jackson from a Red Box and spent the rest of the evening watching that. Today we had Geography Club at 10:00. It went well. This year the parents aren't as involved and we are asking more of the kids. I felt like most of them stepped up to the plate. After Geography we took some friends home. My friend had eye surgery yesterday and wasn't allowed to drive yet. She lives about half an hour away. Now we are finishing up schoolwork, mowing the yard, and finishing the pillowcase that #2 started yesterday. We didn't get to finish because of the SGA meeting. Tomorrow doesn't look much better with my extra kids coming at noon. Se la vie. ----------- Hubby and I had lunch in the kitchen with the boys yesterday. #1 was saying words and #2 would respond with the first word he thought of. Cookies- chocolate. Cake- chocolate. Grandma- chocolate. Pap- cows...that give chocolate milk. Chocolate was his first real word when he was little. I prefer peanutbutter myself. Of course, I'll take it with some chocolate. -------- Coming home from the meeting yesterday I gave #1 "The Talk" yet again. I was very explicit this time since he still didn't have a clue. I told him he has Biology this year with girls and I didn't want him to say something that might embarrass him. So I gave it to him straight, no holds barred. Then I asked him if he had any questions. "Yeah. Am I going to have to do any dissection in this class?" His poor future wife. I told him no there aren't any animal dissections (the teacher is being very creative just for him), and if he ever had any questions he could ask me because I have all of the answers. He responded, "You even have 'I don't know.'" What a smart aleck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the day mom gave me "The Talk." I just sort of listened and was in a hurry for it to be over because it was stuff I did not want to talk about. Of course that was decades ago. And then I went off to live with my grandma for a year while my dad went to Vietnam. Oh what a shock when puberty hit. Scared me to death. I sure wished I had listened a little more to what mom was trying to tell me. LOL. The good thing was that the Junior High I went to in California had an excellent Sex Ed Class. But for a couple months I thought I had broken something and was one scared boy because no way was I going to tell my grandma. LOL.