Friday, December 09, 2011

Christmas Blah

Everyone is feeling it; the Christmas Blah. We don't want to do school work, house work, or yard work. We don't want to get up in the morning. We don't want to cook, clean, or decorate. We don't want to be exhausted, but we are.
For my own household, we don't decorate anyway, but it seems there are so many other things that have to get done at this time of year, that it is very small comfort not to decorate.
I hate to spend money this time of year, knowing that a lot of money is going to be spent, but my legs and feet are killing me. I think my exhaustion can be helped if I have some new tennies. I know some of you are nodding your heads and saying , "Sure it will help." Seriously, I don't like to shop, it isn't for an excuse to go shopping! I don't want to get out of bed the legs hurt so badly.
So there you have it. Christmas Blah.
Blah blog post too.
---------------------
Wednesday night was the Christmas Pageant. The kids did an excellent job and Mary DID decide to have Baby Jesus. She giggled through it, but at least he was born. The sweet little angel delivered the baby right to the manger, and everyone oohed and aahed. King Herod managed to show off his regal disposition and not have a fit that he was a "bad guy". The shepherds and wise men were right on cue. It was a good program and I am glad we did it.
One girl asked if we will do this for every holiday. I said I thought we would at least do Easter. "Who gets to be the bunny," she exclaimed. Hmmm. I guess we will have to start by reading the Bible.

No comments: