Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Geography Finale

 Our last Geography club meeting was a cooking session by popular demand. The kids voted that we all bring recipes and ingredients and cook a South American meal together and then enjoy lunch. These boys helped me make tortillas with the tortilla press. The little one stayed with me the entire time. He was so excited about his tortillas, he wanted to take one home to his dad.
 These kids are working on sauces to go on the rice. The sauces were yummy, but we ran out of rice.


 We were in charge of drinks, so the boys and I went to the local supermercado and bought some things. The sodas were not all that tasty, but I don't care for most soda anyway. The far left drink was an atole, which is cornmeal, milk, and cinnamon. It was good the first time around, but warming it up the next day for breakfast... not so good. The far right white drink was a rice mixture, also not so good. I guess I will stick to water.
And finally we enjoyed our lunch. Until next year Phileas Fogg Geography Club!

No comments: