Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

Finally here are the pictures. I did not do the Beavers' makeup, but I had to do touch ups on it as they sweated under the stage lights. Their teeth would start to come off!! Anway I thought their make-up was well done.


 As you may remember, I DID get to do Aslan's make-up. Up close like this doesn't do it justice. Once he was on stage and at a distance it looked really good. He was a great lion with a super roar.
 This is the White Witch, whom I also did not make up, but she looked pretty. She had HUGE false eyelashes, and I did get to put false eyelashes on the Unicorn, but no picture.
 This is the Blue Jay, one of Aslan's Followers. She was a sweet girl, and I enjoyed making her up.
 #1 was originally supposed to be a centaur, but they couldn't get the back legs to work right, so he became a Satyr. The head dress was really cool, and at 6'2" already, it made him look very towering. The White Witch should have run just looking at him!
 The five o'clock shadow was my creation.

 My camera isn't great for long distance shots, but it was a wonderful stage of scenery. It was really cool to watch them break down the set at the end and see what it was all made of. Mostly cardboard, believe it or not!


A happy ending with the new Kings and Queens of Narnia. Two more months until the next play practices start. Whew!!

No comments: