Thursday, July 12, 2012

Clean

I have been cleaning the kitchen for about a week now. I do a little each day so that it isn't so overwhelming. Last week I cleaned out the refrigerator and the next morning Hubby said how great it looked. He hadn't realized it needed cleaned until he saw it clean. (Everyone needs a husband like that!)
Then I headed to the cupboards. Take everything out, put things in a yard sale pile/tub, wash it all down, put it all back. Then there are the "extra" things that hang around, like cookbooks I don't use but every now and then leaf through. I still have a shelf that I need to scrub, and the baseboards and floor are in need, but I feel so much better having it sanitized and organized.
Now, honestly, anyone who walked into my house last week would not have said, "Oh Yuck! I am not eating here! It is disgusting!!" But now knowing that it is quite clean, I can imagine people feeling better enjoying a meal with me. I think that is how grace is in my life.
God points out a few corners that could use a little Lysol and Brillo, but he still comes to dinner with me. As I take the time to clean out those cobwebby corners, God seems more able to enter my house. Not that he didn't come in and settle down in a comfy seat before, but when I really start cleaning out all the things I think I need junk, there just seems to be more room for Him and His Spirit.
Then, like my husband with the refrigerator, I exclaim, "Wow God! I didn't realize how bad I had gotten!" Thank you God for Spring Cleaning my Soul.

No comments: