Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Painting Ceilings

Painting ceilings is hard, difficult work. It is very painful work, too. My neck is crunched on the right side, my shoulders and arms ache, and my back is wrenched. I started yesterday thinking that I was all set to paint, when I realized my good paintbrush was ruined by the stain I put on the porch last month. So I headed to Lowes to get a good brush.
I had other brushes, but when you are painting you need the right equipment. To get a sharp line on the corner, to apply evenly with few drips, and for comfort of application, you need a good brush. A good brush will cost you a lot more money than the cheap ones, but it willl save you so much time and pain, that I definitely think it is worth the extra expense.
I was thinking about that yesterday as I worked on the dining room ceiling. The Jews had equipment that would have kept them in God's good graces, but the equipment was difficult to use and didn't quite do the job. The right equipment was needed to make it easier. But the right equipment was a lot more expensive. It wasn't the blood of bulls and sheep, it was the blood of a beloved Son.
I'm glad God understood the benefit of paying a higher price and was willing to open His wallet to the world. The earth is a more beautiful place now that Jesus is our paintbrush.

No comments: