Saturday, July 13, 2013

Listen to HIS voice

That you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. . . Deut. 30:20a

Thank you God for this day. I've got to finish pricing the books. Please watch over Owethu and keep her healthy. Wonder how Marie's doing after the surgery? Better send her a card. Be with Jonathan as he looks for a job. Oh, I've got to remind him to check on the SGA dates. Help me to hear you today as I write. Help me to send your message out so others can have a close relationship with you. I better check my notebook and see where I am on that story.

There are a lot of voices in my head, all speaking at once it seems. It's a veritable rock concert in my head. You know what people do at rock concerts? They use ear plugs to block out the loudness of the noise.

Spending time alone with God is often a good way for me to hear his voice, but sometimes the rock concert turns up the volume. I have no doubt it is Satan in control of that knob. Today I refuse to block out my Lord with ear plugs. I refuse to shout overtop of the din.

Today, I listen to HIS voice.

No comments: