Monday, July 08, 2013

Watch-And-Seek

"OK, I'm going to hide this green crayon and you see if you can find it," I instructed my two young students.
"Should we close our eyes?" eight-year-old Gracie asked.
"No, you can look," I responded.
I hid the crayon and then asked which one wanted to find it. Six-year-old Lainey's hand shot up. Off she ran to "find" the crayon that I had hidden. She ran straight to it and victoriously raised the crayon for us to see. Now it was her turn to hide the crayon.
"It's hard to hide it in this room," Lainey said. "Can I go in the other room?"
"Sure," I said and followed her into the other room.
Lainey giggled and tried to sneak the crayon under a table. Seeing me watching, she sneaked into the bathroom. I followed close behind.
"I can't hide it from you if you keep watching!" Lainey exclaimed.
And there was my opening. "Can God see everything?" I asked.
"Yes, He's everywhere."
"So is it possible to hide anything from Him?"
Light sparked in Lainey and Gracie's eyes. They grasped the lesson. You can't play Hide and Seek with God. You might as well lay it all out in the open. It's already there anyway!

No comments: