Sunday, July 09, 2006

I am preparing to leave town for an extended trip of site-seeing and friendship renewal. The boys and I are leaving tomorrow for Philadelphia and then on to Canada. I know that I am excited for the boys to see where they were born and to look at some very important historical and national landmarks, but I am also excited to see my friends. They are the kind of friends that you can not see for many years and then just pick up again as if no time has passed. God has blessed me with many of those friendships. Yesterday I went to a homeschool conference and then hubby and I went on a date. A friend babysat for us. We will exchange the babysitting next month when she celebrates a wedding anniversary. I have a feeling she will be one of those pick-up friends. --------- Joke from the movie A Prairie Home Companion: Did you know diarrhea is hereditary? It runs in your genes! I also liked:Why do they call it PMS? Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken! I recommend the movie as a blend of humor, tenderness, friendship, and family.

No comments: