Monday, July 03, 2006

I took the boys swimming yesterday for the first time this summer. We took a couple of girls from church with us and they had a blast. I love listening to my kids when they use their imaginations. They were being different ocean animals and "it" was the Killer Whale trying to catch them. When I was finally able to get into the water (I like my water really warm or it takes a while to get in) I was the whale. I said I didn't think it was very nice to call your mama a whale! Then we came home and the kids played for a while. They like going through the corn field next to us and playing hide and seek. I remember doing that when I was a kid and it is a very fun game-there is just enough "lostness" involved that you can scare yourself, and that is part of the fun. Afterward we went to Sunday in the Park and listened to some good music. Then, Surprise, Surprise, Masterpiece Theater was having a live broadcast of Prairie Home Companion! It was a very happy day. ____________________ I am excited about the possibilities of serving the women at the Violence Shelter in more ways. We had a meeting yesterday and came up with some good ideas. More people will be able to be involved now and this ministry can truly feel like it belongs to the whole church, not just a few ladies. May Jesus flow through our actions into the lives of these women and children.

No comments: