Saturday, July 01, 2006

My parents left about 11:30 this morning, only staying long enough to do the work and move on. I think my mother would have been happy to stay longer, but dad felt like he needed to get back. "I have a lot to do at home!" I know the feeling, but sometimes you just have to stop and visit. I guess he did that a bit when the boys went up to visit, though. We finished the fence at 10:15 this morning. My husband and Dad worked on it Thursday and Friday, and Dad and I finished it up this morning. It is a woven wire fence and surrounds about an acre. Dad says if we fertilize and lime the pasture and get it built up we could support 7 nannies and their young on that. I don't know if we want to get into it that much or not. The 2 kids are cute and Millie seems to be starting to accept them and want their company, but she might have been as happy to remain the only goat. I wonder what will happen when the kids arrive in a few months! Mom spent her time sewing covers for cushions on the porch and cleaning my house. Yesterday I took her to New Bern to pick blueberries. We picked 28 pounds! There is just nothing like fresh, fat blueberries. We ate a lot yesterday and have some still for eating, but most have been put in the freezer. I will have to pick again when they are ripe here so I can take some to my father-in-law. He was very put out that he missed the picking this year.

No comments: