Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chiropractic Savior

I went to the chiropracter last Thursday. As always he asked how I was doing, and I answered, "It isn't too bad, but I can tell I need an adjustment. I have been travelling, hiking, and camping with a bunch of kids for two weeks in the mountains."
He was "amazed" by my answer, recalling how I was when I entered his office back in January. Now that I feel so much better, I have to remind myself of how bad I was. I couldn't put on my underwear without sitting down. I had to crouch or stoop sideways to pet the dog. I always ached. I had to wake up at night to turn over because I couldn't roll.
Now I can look at people and tell they have back issues. The way they stand, sit, walk, move, twist; it's all there. The pain, the frustration, the annoyance of not being able to do what you are designed to do.
Spiritual growth can be the same sort of thing. You spend your time in pain, frustration, and annoyance. Then you discover a way out of it and find calm, peace, and joy. After a while you have to remind yourself what life was like before Jesus entered and made an adjustment. You look around and see others dealing with the same issues you used to encounter, and you can feel their pain and frustration.
My chiropractor has a sign on his wall...Feel Better, Tell Others...His adjustments have made a difference in my ability to lead a normal life. Jesus's adjustments have made it possible for me to lead an extraordinary life. I feel better, and I am telling you. Let Jesus make an eternal adjustment for you.

No comments: