Sunday, July 31, 2011

One Smart Lady

Quarks and leptons, traits of mythology, types and signs of erosion, the five parts of a story, plus sites and customs in Chile; it all adds up to one week of homeschooling my children. I think I should get some sort of degree when this is all finished!
Saturday I went to Raleigh to train for a leadership workshop. It allows me to rent the lodge at an environmental educational park. We are renting it in February for the Environmental Science class that I will be teaching this year. I discovered the park staff to be very polite and helpful, and the activities that are available there are sure to give us a boost in our competitions.
The oppressive heat continues here, though God has blessed us with a little rain today. The corn crop around here is dismal,  so I imagine feeding goats and chickens this winter is going to be expensive. I am reading The Worst Hard Time right now about the Great Depressoin and the Great Plains. It is a very interesting look into how the GD and the Dust Bowl affected each other. It combines two of my favorite subjects, History and Environmental Science, so I am enjoying learning a lot that I never knew or connected.
Today's sermon was about being a lifelong learner. Yes, we need to keep stretching our brain power and learning new things, but we also need to be stretching our spiritual power and learning from God. So what I am learning lately from God? Mostly He has been strengthening my trust in Him. I know that He is taking care of all of my "problems" and concerns, I just don't have the big picture yet. Of course, I have a lifetime to learn how to paint on the canvas that He has handed me.
-------------------
#1 was stricken by strep this past week. I told you Thursday that he fell asleep. He woke with a sore throat and feeling miserable. Later, looking in his throat, I made the diagnosis of strep throat. I dumped probiotics down him, along with Aceteminophen, and finally this afternoon he seems to be on the upward mend. Good thing too, if he misses any Driver's Ed he has to quit and re-register. I don't want to go through this again, and neither does he!

No comments: