Monday, June 18, 2012

Graduation

Graduation was right after the field trip. #1 was a marshal, but he walked so quickly I couldn't get a good picture. I think there were 8 participants in the ceremony this year. There were more than that graduating, but not everyone participates in the ceremony. It is a nice intimate time with families. The parents say some things about each kid, and then the graduate says something to the parents. Each grad had a one minute slide show prepared to show the audience. The event was held in a Presbyterian church, and the man in charge of the facility told me afterward that it was a very nice ceremony. He had homeschooled his kids, but they didn't participate in anything like this. He said he wished they had; it seemed like a great way to send the kids on their way to the next stage of life.
 The emcee was the most handsome man I have ever seen. Shh, don't tell Hubby! He did a great job keeping things moving. One of the grad's moms said that as soon as they started planning for the ceremony everyone said Hubby had to be the emcee. They liked how well he did last year. Well they can have him again next year, but after that he has to stand next to me while I bawl my eyes out and send forth my first born.

Here is the graduating class of 2012, along with speakers and marshalls. I went to two of the parties afterward, and then I went to a party for a church girl graduating the next week. It certainly opened my eyes to what I have to prepare for in a couple of years! I hope everyone in WV is getting ready for a trip down south!

No comments: