Friday, March 08, 2013

By Candlelight

It isn't the old septic system that makes my house smell badly; it is age. The house has some funky odors at times because it has been around for more than seventy years. You know how your grandma smells? Well put that into a house.
So I burn candles sometimes. Right now I have a pumpkin spice and an orange and cloves candle burning; pumpkin in the livingroom, oranges and cloves in the kitchen. It makes you feel good when you walk into the house and inhale the refreshing, sweet smells.
But those candles only enhance the house, they don't really help anything. If the lights go out, THEN the candles are helpful, useful. When the electric fails, and the night turns dark, then I want a candle for a completely different reason.
Jesus is that way. When things are going well, with just a little hint of stale air floating about, He is my scented candle that freshens life. But when danger threatens, storms soar down upon my head, and lightning crashes around me, then my Candle lights my way.
Go grab your matches and light your candle now, before the storms knock out the lights and make you crash into the furniture. There now, doesn't that smell better?

No comments: