Saturday, March 02, 2013

Why A Writer?

"Time for the most favorite part of writing, PROOFING!" #1 sarcastically muttered as he worked on his English assignment yesterday. "Mom, why do you want to be a writer?"
"I like to paint pictures with words," I answered. "Why do you want to be a writer?"
"I don't! I want to be a location scout."
A location scout travels around and looks for places to shoot films. He thinks this sounds terribly romantic and fun. I don't think he would enjoy it after he slept in a strange bed more than three nights. He is a home body, no matter how many times he tells me that he "just wants out of here!"
What did we ever do to make his life so miserable, Hubby asks. I have no idea. He just enjoys being miserable. It is very difficult to be his mother.
It is not difficult to love him. No matter what, I will always love him. Normally, I also enjoy being around him, I even like him. But he does have his moods. I write this for his future wife. Ignore him, buy some new shoes, and move on. He won't stay morose forever.

No comments: