Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ladies' Retreat

I attended the church Ladies' Retreat this weekend. It was nice to talk with everyone in a more relaxed environment. At church we are being pulled by time commitments, kids, outside activities, etc., so I don't always get to really touch base with how everyone is doing.
The guys were left home alone and seemed to do well. I was VERY pleased that the kitchen was clean when I got home last night. What a wonderful gift.
Captain was happy to see me, too. Evidently it was a terrible weekend for him. He wanted his "mommy". He whined and cried the whole weekend, terrible mournful howling. I got to experience it this morning when Hubby left for work before the rest of us. Hubby is headed out of town in a couple of weeks for his own sort of retreat, so I guess I will get the full effect of crying then.
Retreats are a great way to find a little balance in your relationship with God, especially if you aren't in charge of the retreat! Finding an entire weekend or even a few days to get away can be quite the feat, however. I often spend my walking time singing and praying, looking at nature, and asking God what He has to say to me. Those 30-60 minute retreats are what keep me sane.
Yes, Boys, I AM SANE!!

No comments: