Monday, November 26, 2007

Cassie, Neener neener neener! I have begun the Christmas calendar. Just had to throw that in there. I have a tradition of making a calendar for our parents every Christmas. I think this is the 9th year I will do it. I make a scrapbook page for each week of the year. It is fun to look through and see what we did that year and how much the kids have changed. It is also sad to look back and see this is the year that Grandma was gone for the whole year. Anyway, I spent way too much at WalGreens this morning getting pictures printed. I really get frustrated with the digital camera. I know it saves in film, and it's great to have the pictures stored on the computer, BUT it seems I don't ever print them until Christmas and then WHAM! ------------------- So how do you talk to an unbeliever about prayer? Mostly, people think of prayer as asking God for something--health, safety, a home, children. Certainly to speak to an unbeliever the discussion would start there. You aren't going to start by talking about "listening" to God or they may call the "Looney Wagon." But how do you come to terms with the family that prays for a child and never receives one, while others never ask and all they do is multiply like rabbits? Or when one family loses a mother to cancer and another is miraculously healed? I don't have a good answer, but I am leaning toward a parental answer. My children ask me for things that sometimes I grant. I may allow them to do something or I may buy something for them just because I am in a good mood and want to see them happy. But there are sometimes that I say no. Often they understand the reason I give for the negative response, but sometimes it is just a simple, "I am your mother and you will just have to trust that I know best." That answer from God is hardest because I don't actually hear Him say, "I am your Father and you will just have to trust that I know best." He doesn't often give me reasons for negative answers, but if I wait long enough I usually figure the reasons out. I guess the greatest part about praying to my Father is that He doesn't get tired of my constant questioning and begging. If the boys were to pester me so much I know I would huff and puff and blow them down. Thank God that He is a better parent than I. Now that is a good prayer!

No comments: