Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The time change has greatly affected my family. Night before last I went to bed at 8:00 and last night I barely made it to 9:00. Even my husband has been going to bed earlier and he is a night owl. I do wake up a little early that way, but I enjoy lying in bed and slowly entering the day with time to think and pray. In Texas the time change wasn't such a severe change in our lives because you are so far west, it is like being an hour early anyway. Here we are so far east that the change makes a big difference. I was thinking this morning that we have been here three years now. That has always been the mile-marker for a place to feel like home. 18 months to not be homesick all of the time, and 3 years to feel like it is home. I have to say it did not take that long this time. We love this little town and our home so much. We made friends so quickly and this is such a great place to home school that we really didn't take long at all to fit in. But now the three years are up, and I have to say I do notice now being at home here. I don't feel like I need to go see someone from my past or my family, if we stay here for holidays or weekends, it is just fine. I also know how to get just about anywhere from anywhere and that is a major sign that this is home. Home Sweet Home!

No comments: