Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Most of you know I hang laundry on the line to dry. There are several main reasons that I do this: 1. To use less electricity, thus helping the environment. 2. I love the smell of the fresh laundry when I bring it in. 3. It saves money. 4. It gives me a chance during the day to be outside. I often look around at how the landscape is changing. There is a barn in the field next to us that is hidden by trees and at this time of year it reminds me of home. The leaves change colors and with the sun shining through them it looks so much like Nestor's back home. Then there are the goats and chickens to watch, and Kelly and Leo give me some entertainment as well. About a week ago I was hanging laundry and looked up to see a bald eagle about 20 feet above me! There were 4 of them flying around the water tower. They came back several times over the next few days. It was really great. So I guess I would add #5. Enjoying the wildlife. However, as I was ironing shirts today and stuck my hand up the sleeve of hubby's shirt, I no longer enjoyed the wildlife. There was a bee in the sleeve from hanging on the line yesterday. It got my pinkie finger and really hurt. That doesn't happen when you use the dryer! ------------- I have been trying to think of ways we can save gasoline and tried an experiment yesterday. I wrote down all of the places I needed to go, and since it was a day that included picking up or dropping off children 3 times in one afternoon, I tried to accomplish all of my errands in one afternoon. I thought that way I wouldn't have to go out the next day except the one time to pick up children. So much for that experiment! Hubby had to have his car inspected so it was run to the shop this morning to leave the car and then run back this afternoon to pick it up, plus picking up children. I did try. Perhaps the carbon police will let me slide this once.

No comments: