Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. We live not too far from the original site of Thanksgiving, and we hope to visit it within the next year. The thought of being so close has made me think about what the original must have been like, and just what exactly I am thankful for. I am thankful that I do not have to cook for that many people. I am thankful for what I am cooking that I have an electric stove, indoor heat, a grocery store, good pots, pans, and bakeware. I am thankful that I have indoor plumbing and do not have to travel to get my water. I am thankful that my family is all alive and healthy, and that with a quick push of some buttons I can talk to all of the family that is still far away. I am thankful that should someone become sick, they will likely recover, that we do not fear for our lives, that no one is starving. I am thankful that we will gather with friends who have these same blessings. Mostly, today at least, I am thankful that my country still takes time to be thankful. May we all see our great abundance and give thanks to God.

No comments: