Wednesday, July 08, 2009

What!?

I am getting used to seeing looks of astonishment and sadness. I have told the boys that school gets harder every year, but I think it is only just clicking with #1. Yesterday he had to go to a day camp about presentations. They were learning about Power Point and other parts of "presenting" yourself, i.e. table manners, speaking in public, meeting people. He wanted to know why he had to go, and I received those looks again. The kicker was when his brother and I walked out of the house to go to the free movie, and #1 was left looking out the glass door. 7th grade will be different. Just now I yelled that it is 8:00. That means the tv and computer go off, the beds get made, breakfast eaten, hair combed, dressed, etc. The day begins at 8:00 and school at 8:30. Actually, I think the routine is good for all of us. There is much less fighting going on these days. There was to be a day camp on soil today, but it has been cancelled. Tomorrow is the camp I am helping with about entrepreneurship. Guess what I will be doing today.

No comments: