Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fair Week

We went to the county fair on Tuesday. We usually go the same day as other friends so that the kids can see what each other did in the exhibit hall, and then they can hang out together on the mainway. We had been having trouble deciding which day to go since the weather was iffy the whole week, but we ended up with a great afternoon and evening. #2 was accidentally hiding in this group shot, but here we all are anyway. This is basically the boys' social group. There are my boys and two other families. We are all in 4-H, and we went to the fair after our business meeting.
This is the ride that #2 finished the fair with last year. Notice he isn't on it again. It is a free fall ride.
We enjoyed watching M. go up and up. She seemed very nonchalant.
Those are are her bare feet hanging over the side. I kept her shoes so they wouldn't fall off on the way down.
Her response was very different than I expected. #2 looked like he was terrified last year, and it was enough to still be memorable to him this year.
#1, I think, was trying to act big for the girls, so he rode a ride that he shouldn't have ridden. He never would have gotten on it in the past. Anyway, he had to stay off the rides for a while, and he drank a lot of water. His face was definitely a green color.
This is #2 and his very bestest friend. Sometimes they are joined at the hip. This ride helped to glue them permanently together!
The swings were popular with most of the kids. I remember hating them as a child. I rode them at Dollywood this summer with my niece, and they weren't so bad.
The funny part, to me, is that the boys like the slide just as much as the big, mechanical rides. I remember going down on feed sacks when I was a kid.
This was taken at the beginning of the evening before everyone was motion sick.
Best Bumping Buddies
The rest of the week flew by as usual. The writing class is going well, but #1's paper on WW1 for history class is beating his touchie. It isn't for writing class, so I guess it isn't as fun.
Co-op went fairly well this week. I didn't have any major problems with missing people. We had our Envirothon meeting afterward, and the boys seem to be doing well to me. Of course, I don't know a whole lot of what I'm talking about, so I am probably easily impressed. I hope to get some guest speakers for them after co-op is finished.
Today I had to get to the grocery store (3 of them) because we were about out of everything. We have taken #2 off of apples and red dye 40 to see if there is an allergy. It has made cooking, snacking, and shopping a little more difficult. We have one more week off of it before we do the testing to see if it is an issue.
Tomorrow we go to the fairgrounds to pick up our exhibits and to claim fair prizes. #2 has figured he won a total of $15. He is very interested in getting his hands on it! Monday we go to the zoo and I think he has plans for the money.

No comments: