Monday, October 26, 2009

Sock Hop

We went to a sock hop this weekend, and oh what fun we had! It was a fundraiser for the Student Gov't Association for the Home schoolers. There was an Elvis tribute artist, a woman singing 50s songs, a DJ, limbo contest, and hula hooping contest. The boys and I went in costume. #1 definitely enjoyed it more than #2, but they both had a great time. #1 had been reluctant to go because his mother was "tagging along", but I assured him I would pay no attention to him. As it ended up I spent a lot of the time helping out with the contests and other things. I took a ruler with me for fun and went around to all of the couples to make sure they were 12 inches apart. They all took it in good humor. #1 danced with 9 different girls! There were burgers and rootbeer floats for sale. The night ended with a dance contest. It was just all around a fabulous event. I hope they do it every year. --------- Sunday we out for dinner after church. My fortune cookie said: You are a person of culture. My husband responded that I must be some kind of mold. Lovely.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: